Some random thoughts as I have way too much (but sorely needed) down time this summer…
- I watched ESPN’s 30 for 30 documentary “OJ: Made in America.” Compelling. Terrifying. Also made me feel a little bad for screaming at my uncle, post-verdict, when he agreed with the acquittal. Seeing the context of the entire case, the evidence, the systemic issues at play showed me the nuances that I was ignorant of 21 years ago. Although, 21 years ago, I was also pretty young and therefore, probably by default a bit ignorant in general.
- During last week’s filibuster in the senate, I tweeted about the minuscule renewed hope I felt watching senators doing something about gun-related deaths in this country. Some troll from Texas kindly asked me to leave the country. That was fun!
- I just now learned how to spell minuscule.
- And I just now learned that none of the proposed gun legislation from the senate passed. I’m discouraged. And disgusted.
- I really need to stick to the regimented schedule that I set for myself every Saturday. I plan an hour of writing time every day. I have yet to use it. It might help me with the discouragement and disgust.
What’s on your mind?