I’ve been dating for almost 30 years, but it’s a Saturday night and I am dateless so why not pick at that emotional scab a little? During the summer of 2010 I wrote extensively about my best and worst dates. You can check out the archives for those if you are so inclined.
But I’ve logged eight years of dates since then. Here’s a condensed and updated list of my five best dates, in no particular order.
- When we met for a late lunch and ended up talking for four hours in the restaurant.
- When we sat on the hood of his jeep and looked at the stars and talked.
- When we laid on opposite ends of the couch reading books and occasionally talked about what we read.
- When at the end of the night he apologized for not talking as much as usual; “I couldn’t stop looking at you. You’re just so beautiful,” he explained.
- When after dinner he made me laugh so hard I couldn’t breathe.