Here’s five reasons I utterly failed at the Grow with Google Scholarship:
- I was too proud to admit I didn’t like it.
- I was too proud to ask for sustained help.
- I was too proud to keep chipping away at it, regardless of how incremental the progress was.
- I was too proud to try again after a long break.
- I was too proud to stick with something that didn’t come easy to me.
“Pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes.” –John Ruskin
(I am going to give coding another try in another month, now that I’m starting to feel like I have my feet under me after a rocky semester…maybe this time, with the programs I’ll be using, it will go a little better.)