Today I am grateful for test days.
Yes, when students take tests it means I have to grade them, but while they are taking the tests, I can actually get a lot done. Today, I:
- Cleaned my desk
- Filed papers that had been piling up for weeks
- Started building a pile of things I’ll need when I lose my room to construction in a week
- Readied another test for next week
- Graded a stack of papers
- Finished a recommendation letter
- Read some newspaper stories
I get two more test days next week when students take a district reading test, and I’m sure I’ll be grateful for those days too.