So this is how my personal day ACTUALLY went:
- 6:30 AM, wake up. Panic that my sub plans are not sufficient. Try to get back to sleep. Cannot.
- 7 AM, watch a couple episodes of Parks and Rec while eating breakfast in bed.
- 9 AM, go to Post Office and submit Passport Application. WOO HOO!
- 9:15-11 AM, drive around somewhat aimlessly while trying to decide if I really want to drive to the Old Market for sushi. Decide no. Make mashed potatoes instead. Ooh, and I also bought new running shoes.
- 11 AM-4:15 PM, watch basketball, grade papers.
- 4:30 PM, teach piano lesson.
- 5:15-6:50 PM, watch more basketball, grade more papers.
- 7 PM, teach piano lesson
- 7:30 PM, talk to student’s parents about how awesome my school is.
- 8:15 PM, blog about my day
- 8:30 PM-Midnight, watch more basketball, grade more papers.
Here’s the problem with taking a personal day. I miss my students, I miss my friends at school, and I feel guilty 40% of the day.
But I’m still glad I did it…’twas fun to watch some 1st round games…
One thought on “Personal Day”
Pasopoto!!! It's getting real now! Just think…in one year you'll be planning what to pack! Oh, and yay for the games….glad you took a day for YOU!