So this is how my personal day ACTUALLY went:
- 6:30 AM, wake up. Panic that my sub plans are not sufficient. Try to get back to sleep. Cannot.
- 7 AM, watch a couple episodes of Parks and Rec while eating breakfast in bed.
- 9 AM, go to Post Office and submit Passport Application. WOO HOO!
- 9:15-11 AM, drive around somewhat aimlessly while trying to decide if I really want to drive to the Old Market for sushi. Decide no. Make mashed potatoes instead. Ooh, and I also bought new running shoes.
- 11 AM-4:15 PM, watch basketball, grade papers.
- 4:30 PM, teach piano lesson.
- 5:15-6:50 PM, watch more basketball, grade more papers.
- 7 PM, teach piano lesson
- 7:30 PM, talk to student’s parents about how awesome my school is.
- 8:15 PM, blog about my day
- 8:30 PM-Midnight, watch more basketball, grade more papers.
Here’s the problem with taking a personal day. I miss my students, I miss my friends at school, and I feel guilty 40% of the day.
But I’m still glad I did it…’twas fun to watch some 1st round games…