About three weeks ago, when it became apparent to me that my sanity was at risk, I asked to take a personal day for March 15.
The luxury of personal days in our district is rather new, and I, who feels guilty calling for a sub when I have the flu, never thought I would actually have the nerve to use a personal day. But I honestly think that knowing I’d have tomorrow off is what helped me get through the past two weeks.
And even though I will spend about 10-12 hours tomorrow grading, here’s how I kicked off my personal day, and how I plan to spend what remains.
- Dinner at Chick-fil-a with a friend
- Met a different friend for drinks
- Went to Kohl’s to buy some short-sleeved shirts
- Went to Orange Leaf
- (I’ll be cleaning for the next two hours or so)
- Sleep in (til 7:30 or 8)
- Dye my hair
- Submit passport paperwork to the post office
- Order sushi for lunch
- Watch basketball, starting at 11:15 AM.
- Grade every paper in my possession
- Teach 2 piano lessons
- Stop watching basketball at 11:15 PM