Both of my sisters sent this to me via email, which I find hilarious since I am usually such a Scrooge. But I’m sick, and lacking creativity for blogging, so here goes:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags. If you’re lucky…sometimes it’s the bag from the store where the gift was purchased.
2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial. Paranoid of fires.
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year’s Day. (Sing along!)
5. Do you like eggnog? No way.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I was 15, and I received U2’s Rattle and Hum and REM’s Green on cassette (CDs weren’t invented yet)…that…was…awesome.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom
9. Easiest person to buy for? Whichever sister or brother I have that year
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Wow. Must have been so traumatic I blocked it from my memory.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story. Actually saw it in a theatre at midnight last year…’Twas righteous.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the perfect gift presents itself to me.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Three-Chocolate Fudge. I do a holiday baking extravaganza every year, and everything I make for that is my fave.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? That’s tough. Too many, really, to list…but I love “All That I Want” by The Weepies–even before it was appropriated by JC Penney’s…
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year, travel. Once I move back to Omaha, travel 5 miles to Mom and Dad’s.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I think Santa’d be mad if I renamed his reindeer. Just a thought.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star–a stained glass star that a Primary teacher gave me when I was 6 or 7.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, only because I’m forced to. If it was up to me, Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Couples.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The music playing in every store I enter. Snow. My Three Chocolate Fudge.
I tag whoever needs blog filler…